Pages

Wednesday 9 June 2021

Amazing 3D shapes

  Hi Bloggers 

Today I am going to tell you about my 3D shapes that I have been doing. 3D shapes look more realistic realisticcompared to the other shapes.   If you need to make a 3d shape than you can not just get a shape and say it is a 3D shape you need to make sure that it is a 3D shape. The part that I found challenging was naming all of the  3D shapes because I can't remember if things would have the word prisim or pyramid at the end of them. The part that I found easy was building up shapes that were laid out and seeing what one made a cube because I just had to look at the page and build them up in my head. To be successful I had to write all the 3D shapes name correctly. 

Here is the bitable that I made about 3D shapes😉




2 comments:

  1. Hi Olivia,
    Thank you for sharing your maths with us and for including more details about your learning in this blog post. I agree that sometimes the names of shapes are confusing to remember. What strategy did you use to help you learn the difference between them? I'm glad to see that you can visualise a shape in your head from seeing the net (or pattern).
    I look forward to seeing more of your work.
    Mrs Taylor :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mrs Taylor
      Thank you for replying to my blog.
      The strategy I used was to remember the shapes with pointy tops are prisms or pyrimads. How do you remember what a prism or pyramid looks like?
      Bye Olivia

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post